Parrots are intelligent and the most beautiful bird pets. If you have a parrot pet, you would know how entertaining it is to listen to your words and sentences repeated all day. Do you know, the African Grey Parrot has the capability to remember up to 150 words.
- 10 Best Parrot food
- ZuPreem FruitBlend Flavor Parrot & Conure Bird Food
- Lafebar’s Classic Nutri-Berries Parrot Food
- Brown’s Tropical Carnival Gourmet Small Hookbill Bird Food
- Volkman Avian Science Super African Grey Parrot & Amazon Parrot Food
- Lafeber Classic Avi-Cakes Parrot Bird Food
- Kaytee Forti Diet Pro Health Bird Food for Parrots
- Vitakraft VitaSmart Complete Nutrition Conure & Small Parrot Food
- Wild Harvest Advanced Nutrition Parrot Food
- ZuPreem Pure Fun Enriching Variety Parrots & Conures Bird Food
- Kaytee Supreme Food
10 Best Parrot food
Being a pet owner is a no-easy task. The more you spend time with the pet, the more you get attached to it. With attachment lie responsibilities. The most important responsibility for you as a pet owner is to look for the health of your pet. People who have parrots will agree that feeding your parrot can sometimes become challenging. You have to select the best food for your parrot that can fulfill all the nutritional values. The hunt for natural ingredients for a pet’s proper growth is never-ending. It is essential for the pet as well to have a balanced diet for a healthy and long life. Therefore, we have brought the list of the 10 best parrot foods for you. In this article, we will share the best food available in the market with all its pros and cons so that you can decide based on your parrot’s health. Let’s get started. ZuPreem shines among the bird food brands. Most veterinarians and nutritionists, all around the world recommend ZuPreem Fruit Blend Flavor Food for parrot pets. It is a famous and most selling product because of its balanced nutritional values. If you have a medium to a large bird, this can be the right choice for your birdie. This is the best conure food. Basically, it contains top-quality ingredients to promote the growth of the parrot. The formula is rich and undergoes strict maintenance standards. These standards are crucial to ensure the quality of the product. The appearance of the food matters, be it for humans or the parrot. Therefore, ZuPreem comes in five vibrant colors with five fruit shapes. It makes the product appealing to eat. However, an attractive appearance doesn’t mean that it lacks proper nutrition in any way. ZuPreem Fruit Blend Flavor Food contains 21 minerals and vitamins. Its rich flavor comes from the ground fruit that is present in each bite. Are you struggling to keep your pet food safe. Here is how to keep ants away from your pet food. Lastly, the aroma of the food is mouth-watering for your parrot. In short, the fruity flavor, aroma, and minerals make it a healthy choice for your bird. Pros:
|Top||ZuPreem FruitBlend Flavor Pellets Bird Food for Parrots||View on Amazon|
|LAFEBER'S Gourmet Nutri-Berries Pet Bird Food||View on Amazon|
|F.M. Brown's Tropical Carnival Gourmet Bird Food||View on Amazon|
|Volkman Avian Science Super African Grey Parrots Bird Food||View on Amazon|
|Lafeber Classic Avi-Cakes Parrot Bird Food||View on Amazon|
|Kaytee Forti Diet Pro Health Bird Food for Parrots||View on Amazon|
|Vitakraft Menu Vitamin Fortified Parrot Food||View on Amazon|
|Wild Harvest Advanced Nutrition Parrot||View on Amazon|
|ZuPreem Pure Fun Bird Food for Parrots and Conures||View on Amazon|
|Kaytee Supreme Parrot Food||View on Amazon|
- A recommended product by veterinarians and pet nutritionists.
- It provides a healthy combo of flavor and nutrition.
- The product comes in different shapes and flavors, so you pick the taste of your parrot’s choice.
- It contains minerals and amino acids that are essential to building a more robust immune system.
- You get the product in a resealable bag so it will stay fresh for a more extended time.
- The food is in the form of large pallets. If your bird is struggling to switch on the pallet food, this product can make it easier with all the colors and flavors.
- It is processed food. You may not find a large number of natural ingredients in the product.
- It has a crunchy texture that your bird will surely like.
- The product stimulates your bird’s mental health by its fun-to-play shape.
- Also, the chelated minerals in the food easily get absorbed into the body.
- Lafebar products are hand-made and free of sulfate.
- The minerals and vitamins do not get lost even when the bird cracks the berries. It is because the makers hull the grains and the seeds first.
- The berries at the bottom of the pack can be clumpy.
- Lafebar Classic is more expensive than other parrot food in the market.
- It is an excellent product for a wide range of species.
- The product is full of nutrients.
- The product has a crunchy form and provides wholesome morsels.
- It contains veggies, fruits, seeds, grains, and nuts.
- The irresistible shapes, textures, and colors can be a wonderful treat for your companion.
- The size of the pallet is pretty small.
- Also, it contains pepper that may irritate the birdie.
- A perfect balance for the Amazon Parrots and African Grey Parrots.
- Freshly made and packed.
- It is full of a variety of nuts, including cranberries and cherries.
- The cuttlebone maintains the necessary calcium level in the parrot’s body.
- Triple cleaning procedures make the product super hygienic and dust-free.
- The product contains artificial flavoring and color.
- The bites are quite small.
- These are more enriching than regular food pallets.
- It is made of natural ingredients. Hence, it proves to be suitable for daily use.
- Also, it encourages your birdie to engage in the forage and play. It makes mealtime fun.
- It is easily absorbable in the body, providing the maximum benefit.
- The perfect ratio of pellets and wholesome grains make the food delicious to eat.
- This formula is especially for conures. Therefore, other breeds may get some problems or dislike it.
- In some of the packs, the clusters are stuck together.
- It promotes healthy skin and feathers.
- Also, it supports muscle growth and immunity.
- It contains natural seeds and pellets like red millet, ground corn, and many more.
- Moreover, the probiotics in the product are good for digestion.
- Omega 3 fatty acids in the product play a vital role in vision enhancement.
- The seeds in the food help in better heart health, boosting mental capabilities.
- It is also rich in antioxidants that help in eradicating free radicals.
- It does not contain any peanuts. So, if your companion is fond of peanuts, he may not like the product.
- Also, it does not contain any sunflower seeds.
- VitaSmart comes in different textures and colors. It makes the food look attractive to the bird.
- It is made of seeds, fruits, veggies, and pellets which make it a healthy choice.
- The probiotics in the VitaSmart promote digestibility.
- DHA strengthens the immunity of the bird, making him fight off the harmful pathogens.
- Essential fats in VitaSmart make bird’s feathers glossy.
- It has an unpleasant smell that your parrot may not like.
- The size of nuts is more massive, making it hard for a parrot to eat.
- It is a perfect blend of seeds, grains, and vegetables.
- As it is a forage food, it promotes the mental stimulation of the bird.
- It lies in the affordable range and does not form a burden on the pocket.
- Wild Harvest Parrot Food makes your parrot’s feathers shiny and skin healthy.
- It also contains some non-edible ingredients that you wouldn’t want your parrot to consume.
- Also, the product contains some traces of melanin.
- It is best for satisfying your pet’s playful instincts.
- The right size of food pieces makes the bird consume a healthy amount of food.
- It is equipped with vitamins and minerals necessary for health.
- Also, it comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Some birds may pick the pieces and avoid pellets which create a lot of waste.
- Also, the bag is small, and some birds may not like the mix of dried peas with other ingredients.
- The pellets have a delicious taste.
- There are no artificial colors added to the food, so there is no harm at all.
- Also, you will see a variety of seeds and grains in a single product.
- There is no Omega 3, no probiotics or prebiotics at all.
- Also, it does not contain any vegetables or fruits.
Written by: Usman H. Yahya Reviewed by: Stephanie G. Gabriel