Most pet parents focus a lot on ensuring their dog gets the right nutrition to keep them healthy and happy. While they might spend hours finding the right food or buying the toys to keep them busy, not many realize that they might need extra nutrition.
A dog with an active and busy lifestyle may struggle to maintain their daily activities just on dog food. They require additional nutrients, which supplements can offer.
If you have just realized that your furry friend needs supplements to keep up with their lifestyle and are searching for the best one, you might have encountered the names Gorilla Max and Bully Max, which might have confused you.
Are you wondering which one of these supplements is right for your dog? Well, I have been in your place and thoroughly researched the two brands. Keep reading to find out a detailed 4-factor comparison I did which can help you decide which one to get for your dog.
|Factors||Bully Max||Gorilla Max|
|Owned By||Bully Max LLC||Bully Max LLC|
|Special Feature||All-natural dog supplements||High-protein supplement|
|Number Of Formulas||10||1|
|Intended For||Active dogs||Dogs that require peak performance|
All About Bully Max
- Amino-packed proteins that allow your dog to thrive
- Meat based formula
- Suitable for adult dogs and puppies
*We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
Bully Max is one of the top brands that offer a range of dog products, including food and supplements. The brand aims to stand out by putting in hours of research as well as development to make its formulas.
Being a family-owned and operated brand, Bully Max always aims to deliver only the best. They don’t use any middlemen and ship the products directly to the customer’s doorstep.
Everyone, from pet parents to breeders, search or rescue units to law enforcement agencies, relies on this brand.
While many brands tend to use unsafe ingredients, which often leads to recalls, this brand only uses good-quality ingredients and a thorough quality assurance program that guarantees their products are safe.
Get to Know Gorilla Max
- 31% Protein, & 25% Fat,
- 600 calories per cup
- Premium ingredients
*We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
Gorilla Max is another muscle builder from Bully Max LLC that is brimming with vitamins and also includes around 20 gms of high-quality protein that can help promote size and muscle. It is among the most effective and advanced supplements for canines for muscle-building.
Many people consider Gorilla Max is like Bully Max, but it’s a tougher and bigger version as it includes 5 times more protein and around 4 times more calories in every serving.
Gorilla Max adopts an innovative time-release technology that maximizes absorption, aids digestion, and also helps with protein shuttling, which implies giving your pup the right nutrition at the correct time.
It ensures that even if you give this supplement to your furry friend in the morning, they will continue to reap the benefits throughout the day.
Bully Max Vs. Gorilla Max: A Detailed 4-Factor Comparison
Incorporating supplements into their regular diet is one easy and great way to boost overall health and ensure your dog stays healthy. Bully Max and Gorilla Max are two renowned dog supplement brands available today.
Here’s a detailed breakdown of the two on various parameters to help you decide which one to get for your pet dog.
The effectiveness of the supplements depends primarily on the ingredients that go into them. While both brands boast of using only quality ingredients, you have to decide which ones can suit your dog best.
Bully Max | Rating: 3.5
- Dried Whey: A great source of protein, dried whey also gets easily absorbed into the digestive system of a canine and helps offer amino acids that can promote muscle growth.
- Non-Fat Dry Milk: Another excellent source of protein is dry milk, which also helps fuel the muscle growth of your pup.
- Natural Flavoring: Some products by Bully Max may also include all-natural flavors, and they make meal times fun for your dog.
- Milk Protein Isolate: Their recipes also include milk protein isolate, another high-quality source of protein that contains amino acids essential for a dog’s muscle growth as well as muscle recovery.
- Brewer’s Dried Yeast: A rich source of chromium, vitamin B, and protein, brewer’s yeast is a great health supplement.
- Stearic Acid: Stearic acid comes from natural beef used as an emulsifier by Bully Max. It is a fatty acid that may help bring down LDL or bad cholesterol.
- Lecithin: Lecithin is also an emulsifier that helps improve the texture of these supplements. This emulsifier can benefit the health of the dog’s liver and maintain cholesterol levels.
- Vegetable Oil: It includes healthy unsaturated fats that are good for the dog’s heart and nourishes them while offering an energy boost.
Gorilla Max | Rating: 3.5
- Whey Protein Isolate: Gorilla Max also contains whey protein isolate to ensure your pup gets the required amount of the nutrient. It is easy to absorb for your dog’s digestive system and contains high amino acids for muscle building.
- Corn Syrup Solids: It comes from corn and provides energy to your dog as carbohydrates. The fascinating thing is that these corn syrup solids can be almost as sweet as sugar.
- Pea Protein: Since pea protein contains an abundance of BCAAs or branched-chain amino acids, these amino acids prove immensely helpful by helping your pet dog maintain lean and healthy muscle mass.
- Omega Fish Oil Concentrate: The omega fish oil concentrate contains healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which prove beneficial to a dog’s heart and brain. Most canines have omega-3 fat deficiency, and here Gorilla Max supplements might prove beneficial.
- Colostrum: This milky fluid comes from breast milk, but only the initial few days after birth. The fluid is a nutrient-rich food source and contains fats, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and even antibodies that can promote vitality and overall health.
- Probiotics (Bacillus Coagulans): Probiotics are healthy bacteria which is present in these products that boost the digestion of your dog.
When it comes to ingredients, both dog supplements are alike and are at the same level. They include natural ingredients that offer a lot of protein to the dogs to help build, repair, and grow muscles.
When choosing the right brand, you must also consider their recipes, formulas, and products. Some key highlights of the recipes of the two brands are:
Bully Max | Rating: 4
- The brand offers 10 different products
- Their range includes powder, tablets, chews, and liquid ounces
- Offer a unique product for puppies
- Has products that target specific issues
Gorilla Max | Rating: 3
- Includes only one product – canine performance supplement
- Suitable for all dog breeds of every size
- Only uses natural ingredients
- Safe for pregnant and nursing dogs as well
Bully Max is a brand that offers a wide range of products that gives pet parents a good variety to pick from, whereas Gorilla Max does not offer much. Here, Bully Max emerges as a clear winner to me.
The nutritional value of a supplement is an important factor that a pet parent must consider when making a buying decision. Like any other canine brand, Gorilla Max and Bully Max aims to offer a well-balanced as well as nutritious supplement to dogs.
They include essential nutrients like proteins and fats. Crude protein is a vital nutrient that must be a part of the canine’s diet to ensure they stay healthy and happy. A dog needs protein for all the natural bodily processes, such as the growth and maintenance of muscles, tissues and the development of new hair and skin cells.
A dog also needs fats in their daily diet for energy as well as normal bodily functioning. Fat is also essential for producing prostaglandins, which reduces inflammation.
Here’s the exact nutrient content of each brand:
Bully Max | Rating: 3
The average crude protein level is only 30% for Bully Max, and the crude fat content is 12%.
Gorilla Max | Rating: 4
Gorilla Max has about 70% proteins and only 2% of crude fat content.
Although Gorilla Max has more protein content, the crude fat level of this supplement is much less. Since Bully Max contains less protein, Gorilla Max takes the lead in terms of nutrition.
Lastly, the product recall of a brand is also an important parameter that can help pet parents decide whether to get the product for their dog or not. Recalls can give you an idea if there has been an instance when there was a question on the quality and safety of the products.
Bully Max | Rating: 4.5
As per my research, there has never been a recall for Bully Max products. It indicates that even though it is a smaller dog brand, they maintain higher safety as well as quality standards during the production process.
Gorilla Max | Rating: 3.5
Gorilla Max has never had a recall of its products. There is not much scrutiny since there is no monitoring of supplement brands like other food products, and it is rare for dog supplements to undergo a recall.
Since both the Bully Max and Gorilla Max haven’t had a recall, they are both scoring equally here. Even though there hasn’t been a recall, you must be careful of future recalls to ensure your dog’s safety.
Highlights of Both the Dog Supplement Brands
Before moving to the winner, let’s take a quick recap of the two brands.
- Ideal for younger dogs
- Offers more variety
- Has a natural flavor that dogs enjoy
- Ideal for active dogs
- Powder form gets absorbed easily
- Helps build muscles
The Winner: Gorilla Max
Overall Rating: 4/5
Gorilla Max and Bully Max are both good brands of dog supplements, but Gorilla Max is a clear winner here. It is like the older brother of Bully Max and has more proteins and nutrition that can prove beneficial for dogs.
- Only uses quality ingredients
- Have a thorough quality check
- Shows better and quicker results
- Comes in a convenient powder form.
- Can disrupt the digestive system
- Not much variety
What Led To Bully Max Losing?
Overall Rating: 3.5/5
While Bully Max has a more varied product range, their supplements are not as quick and effective. Their products also have more fats and less amount of protein than Gorilla Max.
It is suitable more for active dogs, but many dogs can end up gaining weight given the higher protein content. Moreover, the supplements also have a higher than normal level of minerals and vitamins, which might lead to toxicity.
Here it becomes imperative to ensure your dog doesn’t consume a lot of Bully Max supplements.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Gorilla Max Safe For Your Dog?
The products from Gorilla Max are 100% natural and completely safe for consumption by canines.
Can Bully Max Help With Joints?
The supplements from Bully Max contain Chondroitin, an essential nutrient that can help keep joints lubricated and healthy.
How Fast Does Bully Max Work?
Bully Max can start showing results within 3 weeks of regular consumption. You can speed up these results by mixing them with Gorilla Max.
Bully Max and Gorilla Max are equally good products, but you must choose one depending on your dog’s needs. If you need to give your dog a supplement that improves health and leads to a moderate size increase, then Bully Max is what you need to buy.
However, in case you aim to maximize your pet’s speed, strength, and endurance for peak performance, you need Gorilla Max.
I hope this comparison will help you find the right product for your furry companion, but I would recommend you consult a veterinarian before introducing them to these supplements!
|Check Out These Articles|
|Purina Pro Plan vs. Science Diet||Purina ONE vs. Pro Plan|
|Purina Pro Plan vs. Eukanuba||Purina ONE vs. Pro Plan|
|Purina Pro Plan vs. Kirkland Dog Food||Kirkland Dog Food vs. Blue Buffalo|
|Purina Pro Plan Vs. Taste Of The Wild|
Ankita Sharma is a passionate pet lover and head of content at Pet Food Brands. With her extensive knowledge and research, she provides pet owners with top-quality information on dog food and nutrition. Her dedication to improving the lives of dogs makes her a leading voice in the industry.