Wellness dog food is a highly established brand that has been making waves around the United States with animal-assisted therapy initiatives. They bring the most lovable(dogs) to the most vulnerable of our society.
The Wellness CORE RawRev dog food brand packs a pretty solid deal with all-around nutrition and high-quality ingredients.
You don’t need to trust my words, but I can show you how Wellness CORE RawRev dog food performs in my five-factor analysis so that you may see for yourself.
|AAFCO Nutrient Profile(Life Stage)
|Wellness CORE RawRev Grain-Free Original
|No Grains and Real Meat
|Wellness CORE RawRev Grain-Free Wild Game
|Wellness CORE RawRev Wholesome Grains Original
At a Glance: Wellness Core Rawrev Dog Food
Before we dive in, here’s a general overview of this unique dog food brand:
- Mission-based company
- Multiple partnerships
- Named meats
- Grain-inclusive and Grain-free options
About The Brand
- Supports digestive health
- High-quality protein ingredients
- 100% raw freeze-dried turkey pieces
*We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
Wellness’s journey dates back to the 1990s when its dog food team began working with animal nutritionists, veterinarians, and dog lovers to push forward a new brand. It was all about creating natural pet food.
Even though they have worked extensively on developing wholesome pet nutrition, their goals extend far beyond it. They work with the understanding that all humans and animals deserve unconditional love and companionship.
The Wellness family is a parent company of the wellness dog food brand and the Wellness Foundation. They believe that pet parents and pets share a symbiotic relationship that both parties can benefit from in terms of well-being.
The Wellness Foundation has partnered with Pet Partners to work for pet wellness nationally. They organize education activities and provide therapy to people with intellectual disabilities, senior citizens, people living with various chronic illnesses, war veterans, and all sorts of people with the help of animals.
Such an initiative aims to strengthen the bond between animals and humans and bring love and joy into everyone’s lives.
Moreover, the Wellness Foundation funds the University of Minnesota Twin Cities college program-Boynton Health’s Pet Away Worry & Stress (PAWS). This program’s aim and objective is to focus on Animal-Assisted Interactions (AAI). In this case, the animals are registered therapy animals.
Students unarguably live very stressful lives, and this initiative is a step forward in ensuring that learning is a fun and stress-free experience for the students.
Another organization that the Wellness Foundation works with is Pets & People Foundation. This organization is working to bring pets straight to nursing homes and assisted living institutions.
The people at Wellness believe that where there are animals, there is always enough love going around. They can put this into perspective through their partnership with Human Animal Bond Research Institute (HABRI), where studies regarding this are regularly conducted.
Who Makes Wellness Core Rawrev Dog Food in 2023?
The Wellness Rawrev dog food manufacturer in 2023 is WellPet Operations: Mishawaka, IN. WellPet also manufactures Whimzees, Old Mother Hubbard, Good Dog, Holistic Select, and Sojos.
Five-Factor Analysis of Wellness Core Rawrev Dog Food
Well, we can’t judge dog food by its cover. So here’s picking apart everything we know about Wellness Core Rawrev dog food by its recipes, ingredients, nutrition, and recalls.
1. Recipes | ★★★★
The interesting thing about these recipes is that they are all made from 100% raw meat.
1. Wellness CORE RawRev Grain-Free Original
- High protein kibble
- Nutrient Dense
- Freeze Dried Turkey
- Deboned Turkey
Here’s to originality. This dog food recipe made Wellness CORE RawRev what it is. This recipe packs quality and named meaty ingredients like Turkey and Chicken. You can also freeze-dried raw meat pieces in this dog food. Freeze drying ensures that all the nutrients that the meat is packing stay intact and in their true form with as little modulation as possible. It also improves shelf life and makes food taste better. In short, it preserves the integrity of any food.
2. Wellness CORE RawRev Grain-Free Wild Game
- High protein kibble
- Nutrient Dense
- Wild Boar
This recipe takes us back to a time when our beloved tiny innocent dogs used to go out into the wild to hunt and prey on all the other unsuspecting animals. Also turning this concept on its head, they have also decided to bless us with fruits, leafy greens, and superfoods. So, on the one hand, we have wild boar, Turkey, duck, lamb, and rabbit; we also have broccoli, spinach, carrots, parsley, apples, blueberries, and green tea extract. It’s surely a wild ride in the jungle disguised as dog food.
3. Wellness CORE RawRev Wholesome Grains Original
- High protein kibble
- Nutrient Dense
- Deboned Turkey
- Fiber-Rich Grains
So hear me out. When you hear “grain-inclusive,” what comes to mind? Is it corn fillers and wheat allergens? Well, that’s hardly the case with this recipe. Here we only see the safest and nutrient-rich grains, such as oatmeal, barley, ground flaxseed, and quinoa. If you, as a human, consume these grains daily, I’d consider you very healthy. When it comes to dogs, we know that these grains are not filler Ingredients because they are used alongside meats, are not cheap alternatives, and are unlikely causes of allergies in dogs. It’s the first I’ve heard of such acceptable grain inclusivity in the pet food industry.
2. Ingredients | ★★★★
I’m impressed by the ingredients list, and the biggest reason for this is that all the ingredients are named. We know what exactly we are putting in the bowls of our dear dogs, like a well-informed pet parent.
- Turkey: A digestible and delectable piece of meat that is a lean source of protein. Lean means that it doesn’t have excess fat in the way that chicken does. Perfect for puppies who need to manage their weight. It contains iron, zinc, phosphorus, and vitamins.
- Lamb: Lamb is a delicious source of protein. But it’s also the right type of protein which is healthy because of the amino acids it contains. It may be high in fat, but it more than makes up for it by being rich in iron, zinc, vitamin B12, and many other essential vitamins.
- Wild Boar: This ingredient can be a good option for dogs highly allergic to certain kinds of meat. It is a lean protein source with all the essential amino acids that make breaking down these meats much easier for dogs and humans. It is also a novel protein that isn’t being farmed for consumption. But its sourcing matters if there is some contamination in the food.
- Duck: Another ingredient that is a delight to the tongue, a smooth ride on the intestines, and is unlikely to be an allergen. It also contains B vitamins, zinc, and iron.
- Rabbit: Another novel protein source that we can see casually added in the ingredients but never bragged about, even though it is hypoallergenic. It means that it is suitable to be dogs who suffer from food allergies and have sensitive stomachs.
- Oats: here’s an excellent source of iron, manganese, vitamin B, and, most of all, dietary fiber. Oats ensure you smooth bowel movements and regulate blood sugar levels. They can help in the production of red blood cells and enzyme secretions. Oats are a good alternative to corn.
- Barley: It’s another grain that regulates blood sugar levels. It is high in fiber content, keeps a dog full, and provides sustained energy. It contains beta-glucans, a soluble fiber that may block cells from absorbing cholesterol from food. Hooray for heart health!
- Ground Flaxseed: If a dog is going to eat flaxseed, it should be ground because this powdered form is easier to digest and absorb. It’s the richest grain in Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids. It contains antioxidants that help improve the overall immune system.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is an amazing grain that is one of the few to be gluten-free. Plus, it has all the benefits for all these grains.
- Spinach: Putting leafy green vegetables in your dog’s mouth is uncommon but not unheard of. Spinach is rich in vitamin A, calcium, and antioxidants. Although it also contains oxalates which may hinder the calcium absorption process, which then turns into kidney stones. However, it’s okay for a dog to have it in moderation.
- Apples: Apples may be the solution to your dog’s bad breath. Red apples provide all-around nutrition and make them healthier than ever.
- Broccoli: Broccoli contains a lot of goodness inside, and although my readers may think it is yucky, many dogs enjoy munching on some broccoli.
- Carrots: Carrots are low-calorie showstoppers. They can fix the eyesight as well as keep the immune system healthy.
3. Nutritional Analysis | ★★★★
After we go through the ingredients, the next best thing is always to see if the nutritional values are as promised.
You can see in this table that Wellness dog food is trying and winning at putting protein in each bite.
Given how many real meats are used, it’s surprising that the fat content is only 18%. It’s explainable by their choices of lean protein.
Carbohydrates at 37% are enough for a good day’s work.
4. Price | ★★★
The price of Wellness CORE RawRev dog is around 60-75 dollars for 20-pound dog food. Before we critique the price, we must understand that this brand tries to get most things right.
5. Recall History | ★★★
To date, Wellness CORE RawRev dog food has never been through a recall, but the parent company went through three recalls
How Does Wellness Core Rawrev Dog Food Compare to the Competition?
In its price range, Wellness CORE RawRev dog food is giving the competition a run for its money because of the focus on nutrient-rich and high-quality ingredients. No other dog food has maintained a pro-protein but mostly fat-free dog food reputation quite like this line of dog food.
Should You Buy Wellness Core Rawrev Dog Food?
If you have the money for it, there’s hardly anything better to buy than Wellness CORE RawRev dog food. It has many options, so you may decide what works for you and your dog. Plus, if you support this dog food brand, you are supporting all its dog-friendly initiatives by extension. Still not convinced? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons.
- Varying options
- Real and named meats
- Grain-free options
- Lean proteins
- Mission-based brand
- Some recalls(parent company)
- It may not be available everywhere
Where can I buy Wellness CORE RawRev dog food.?
It is available at local dog food stores, Amazon, Chewy, and other online sites.
Is Wellness CORE RawRev dog food only for active dogs?
The product has no specifications, but it’s safe to assume it’s for all dogs.
Is Wellness CORE RawRev dog food safe for all dogs?
Wellness CORE RawRev dog food contains a lot of vegetables with a high-glycemic index, so it may not be the best choice for dogs with diabetes and cancer.
Before You Go
I hope you liked my review of the Wellness CORE RawRev dog food. Suppose this doesn’t suit you because of lifestyle or budget issues. Don’t worry; I’m always around the corner, feeding my dog and discovering new dog food recipes for you. Until then, see you!
Ankita is a passionate pet lover and head of content at Pet Food Brands. With her extensive knowledge and research, she provides pet owners with top-quality information on dog food and nutrition. Her dedication to improving the lives of dogs makes her a leading voice in the industry.